How was your weekend? Mine was great! And I hope yours was too.
There’s a little song that goes ‘count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings see what God has done’ i believe almost every child raised in a Christian home knows the song. When I was younger I merely knew the tune and lyrics, but now I know the meaning. Counting and focusing on your blessings and the good things of your life is a sure fire way of living your best life, being genuinely happy and of course triggering God’s blessings.
So I decided in today’s post as it is the beginning of a new week rather than feel Monday blues I’m going to be going through some of the things I’m loving recently so as to trigger the blessings coming my way:
1) White Framed Glasses: Every one on my instagram has been slaying in Kurt Cobain glasses and while I love the slayage my main problem is that I love -hate Kurt Cobain glasses, it seems like the kind of thing you’ll love this morning and hate the other. So instead I bought this one and I honestly prefer it. However, I’m still going to buy the Kurt Cobain glasses. After its no longer a trend.
2) Vintage Neckpiece : Definitely my absolute favorite thing. If you follow me on Instagram (@vincentdesmond_) you would have seen it featured on so many flatlays and featured on my Instagram stories and in this outfit post. That’s how much I love it. I think what I adore about it is the fact it gives a whole other vibe to an outfit and it’s definitely a step towards my goal to start accessorizing more.
3) Blue Shoes: My special attachment to these shoes is actually because my mum was the one who gifted it to me. Plus I love the shade of blue it is! And I think it is a wardrobe essential because no matter how much we love it, we can’t wear black everyday.
4) Face To Face Facial Peel Off Mask: This is more of a 2o17 Favorites than a monthly favorites to be honest, I love the fact that it is very affordable and still extremely effective. I think I can fully say that it’s now a permanent feature in my skin care routine despite the fact that I’m very much into experimenting, I know this is the one. Haha.
5) Cici Glam Konjac Sponge*: You know how I said in this post that it blew my expectations off the park? Well, I’m here to say it still is! I haven’t been using it consistently but i can tell you it’s definitely working it’s magic.
6) New Phone: A few weeks back, I was to intern at the Heineken Lagos Fashion and Design Week but I sadly couldn’t make it and I was extremely sad. However, I quickly got up and went to get my self something new because there’s this giddiness and excitement that comes from shopping for something new (who else is with me?), plus I needed to invest in myself every now and then and you should too.
So that’s it for this month, I honestly feel happy after focusing on the things that make me happy and I think you should try and do that this week and trust me you’ll be glad you did.
Don’t forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin’ by clicking on the Bloglovin’ widget and subscribe to my blog to get email notifications on when new posts go up.
What are you loving lately? And how was your weekend?